vanillaflavoureddavid

Watch me ollie!

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Back in Black

It's been a while. I actually got really disheartened with this whole blogging thing when I installed a hit counter on this site that actually tells me if people are looking at it.

Big mistake.

Nobody was, at all, so I kind of gave up on it. But I happened to check back again today, and I see that a few people have looked, and it seems that they've looked because of two lovely lasses who've deemed fit to include this babble on their list of links. Thanks, m'dears! If you're reading this, you should probably read what they have to say when you're finished here.

The last couple of weeks have been absolute bedlam. That's my other excuse for having been quiet lately. Aside from being just about buried at work (on a wide range of projects, actually, none of which I'm currently at liberty to discuss here), I've also been organising the first meeting of the Melbourne chapter of the IGDA.

The first meeting went well, I think, and about 80 people showed up. I'd have been quite happy with 30, so I was absolutely overwhelmed with the result. As, I suspect, was the poor barman. You can read about it here or here.

I caught up with my second best mate Nick (who's visiting from Adelaide) last night, for a parmy and a pint. Good times. My folks are in town this week also, for my sister's wedding, which is this Saturday. Boy, do I feel old. It should be good fun, though, so long as there are no dramas like we had at my wedding, with family infighting and so on. I'm actually very fond of all my immediate family - but I still get a little nervous on the rare occasions when they all have to be in the same room as one another.

I should probably ramble on about videogames a bit, but I might save that for later. I've got quite a bit to get done today. My current playlist still includes Outrun2 and Beyond Good and Evil, with the additions of Halo 2 and Half-Life 2. I also started a new game of A Link to the Past the other day, for no apparent reason. Other than the fact that it's a really good game, I suppose. Oh, and I played straight through Sonic the Hedgehog last night, for the first time in about a decade. It's still a hoot. Oh, and our copy of Eye Toy: Play 2 arrived on my desk this morning. I'll let you know how we get on with that also. What was that I was saying? Oh yes. Back to work!

2 Comments:

At 2:11 pm, Blogger Miss Laura said...

Aw, I am so glad that you're blogging again! I actually didn't know about your blog until Megan told me about it so then I had to add you. I miss talking to both you and Sexpot Sauer so!

 
At 3:00 pm, Blogger VFD said...

Aww, geez. Sorry it's mostly just ranting about videogames. I'm never sure whether to attempt to use this as a diary, or whether to try to discuss topics. So it ends up being sort of the worst of both worlds.

I miss chatting with you too, m'dear. Where do you do your chatting these days? We should have a proper catch-up. Better yet: come visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home