vanillaflavoureddavid

Watch me ollie!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sega does what Nintendon't

Well, no posts for a while, etc. Head up my arse, busy busy. Yawn.

I might fuck off this Game of the Year thing, actually - I'm not sure I can be bothered. To break the suspense, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow was going to be #1. It's really neat, and you should play it. It has awesome 2D graphics, and it taught me that I'll put up with any amount of backtracking and respawning-enemies in a game (which I usually hate) so long as you throw me a few XP and let me see the words "level up" every once in a while.

You should also look at this website, if you dig on Sega. It made me go all warm and squishy on the inside. What an amazing bit of nostalgia. There's just something about those old Sega print ads - they're imprinted on my brain, somehow. Getting a Megadrive (which is what we called the Genesis in these parts) was like getting pubes. Except better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home