vanillaflavoureddavid

Watch me ollie!

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Too. Too. Too Much Coffee.

Have you seen that episode of Black Books where Manny stays up all night drinking espresso and watching The Sweeney? That's kind of what I've been like the last couple of weeks.

I've fallen into the habit of drinking three cups of coffee from our new coffee machine each day at work, which has become something of a problem. Now, I'm not some sort of coffee lightweight - the trick is that I'm drinking a mug of coffee from this thing each time, and what it dispenses is unadulterated espresso. I didn't realise this, at first, thinking it was just good, strong coffee. What I've recently been informed, however, is that I was, in fact, drinking the equivalent of 24 cups of coffee a day, since each press of the "large" button that fills my mug dispenses eight shots of coffee.

Suffice it to say, this has been hurting me.

I've had trouble sleeping, I've been getting even more tetchy than usual, and my poo has been horrible. Plus, I was fading away into tiredness by about 5pm. Not at all good.

So, I'm easing back. I don't want to give it up entirely, but I've so far managed to cut back to only one mug per day. This seems like I'm only having one coffee per day, but it's still the equivalent of 8, and a considerable crutch. Having said that, I'm suffering a blinding headache at the moment, which I assume is my brain screaming out for caffeine. Who can blame it?

I've been filling in the now gaping holes in my day with cups of tea. I also just ate a choc-chip cookie that's 10 days past its expiry date. I hope that's not problematic in some way.

I'm getting a haircut tonight, for my sister's wedding, but I couldn't get an appointment with my usual hairdresser. This is a concern, but I'm trying not to worry too much. Fingers crossed, eh? Hopefully I'll come out of it with the correct number of ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home