vanillaflavoureddavid

Watch me ollie!

Friday, October 15, 2004

So, I'm quitting smoking.

I'd cut down to about 8-10 a day, and then on Sunday I decided to simply stop. Which was weird, because I was in the throes of a really nasty deadline (huge document due by COB Monday) - a situation in which I'd normally be sucking the things down eighteen to the dozen. On the Saturday night, I'd been babysitting for my sister's dog (a cocker spaniel named Charlie - lovely, hairy little chap), and my allergies to the little mite were flaring up intensely. So by the time I woke up on Sunday morning, I was more mucus than man. Ew. Maybe that had something to do with my decision.

In any case, I mentioned this to a friend at work, who suggested that I read this book. I bought and read it in a sitting last night - it was a bit repetitive, but it did make me feel a little more confident about the whole thing. I was already off the gaspers for a few days, but feeling pretty cranky and miserable - after reading the book, I'm at least feeling a little more cheerful and optimistic about the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home