vanillaflavoureddavid

Watch me ollie!

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

#2: Halo 2 (Xbox)

Well, I've already talked about this game a little bit here. I'm not sure how much more I really ought to say.

Halo 2 is just the complete package, as far as I'm concerned. I don't buy into criticisms that it's not innovative enough, or not significantly different to other, similar titles. Fact is, no other game combines all the things that make Halo 2 great into such a comprehensive, fun, coherent and all-around wonderful package. I'll be playing it for a while.

Half-Life 2 has got it beat in terms of graphics. And physics. Let's face it: Half Life 2, on a decent PC, looks a whole generation better than Halo 2. But since when has that been important? The fact is that Halo 2 simply bristles with gameplay, which is what really counts. None of the things that annoy you in other FPS games are here. All of the things you enjoy about them *are* here, though: in spades, improved, and complemented by a few extra, uniquely Halo touches.

It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys, it's got high production values, loads of content and a unique feel, and it really does keep rewarding you the more you play and the better you get at the game - a promise that a lot of games make, but few truly deliever on. What more could you reasonably ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home